Custard is a dynamic, supportive and driven consultancy, providing both B2B and B2C marketing and PR for our UK clients. This role will drive growth for the business as well as develop the team.
We put the team at the heart of our business and challenge everyday thinking in communications, ensuring our clients have the most sophisticated and robust strategies to grow their business. It’s an exciting environment that supports progression and rewards success.
You will relish the opportunity to be able to blend working from our offices in Woking as well as working from home.
Expectations will be high, but you’ll enjoy leading this outstanding communication consultancy working for an eclectic mix of clients. From single site luxury hotels to large city centre conference venues, we take pride in working with the best operators and suppliers in the hospitality sector.
You’ll be bringing a hefty dose of communications expertise as well as strong commercial acumen and leadership. Juggling deadlines and prioritising operational needs as well as client delivery will be second nature to you and you’ll love the opportunity to grow this business.
Your agency or client-side PR/Marketing background means you’ll have an established understanding of service led marketing, and the changing needs of clients across all platforms as well as the changing needs of employees.
You’ll be at ease taking the lead on the business strategy but embrace input from the team and the CEO. You’ll be ready for the challenge and the mix of disciplines required in a small business.
Custard is a considerate employer, and will gladly consider part-time or flexible working as we understand the multiple pressures of maintaining a healthy work / life / family balance.
We have an enviable position in the industry as being forward thinking, employee focused and always thinking ‘what else’ so we need someone who really values those traits and is excited about being part of our growth plans.
- Maintain an excellent knowledge of the industry and build relationships with key organisations.
- Oversee client delivery – including reporting, relationship building and changing needs of the hospitality industry.
- Source ideas for new business and ways to grow our portfolio and fee earning.
- Maintain knowledge of trends and news in the hospitality, tourism and leisure industries on a regular basis and provide information to the team during meetings.
- Ensure all projects run to deadline and budget using the existing internal process.
- Provide guidance and support to the senior management team providing insight and solutions to building the Custard team and the business.
- Maintaining ongoing detailed knowledge of business trends, insights, influencers and communities
- Owning formalised planning, monitoring and reporting
- Day-to-day development and execution of communications strategies
- Sourcing and creating opportunities for partnerships, speaking, thought leadership and awards
- Supporting our commercial goals and delivering work on time and on budget
- Driven to supporting our growing team and sharing your expertise and passion for communications.
Qualities and Skills
- Excellent written communication
- Strong creative thinking
- Ability to use initiative
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to analyse and rationalise activity
- Thorough knowledge of agency framework or service led businesses
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Team player
- Strategic mindset – with focus on outcomes over output
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
A minimum of 10 years experience in a senior PR or marketing role with strong emphasis on client management and operations.
What you’ll get in return
- You’ll love the autonomy this role will provide, giving you the scope to expand your responsibilities and lead an agency
- An open plan office to share ideas and provide a dynamic atmosphere to conjure up plans for clients and for the team.
- Regular chats with the CEO to develop your career and skills and tackle challenges and opportunities.
- Bonus structure for meeting targets and introducing and securing new business
- Birthday bonus – a day off to celebrate in style
- 25 days holiday
- Flexible working when required
- Opportunity to attend courses, workshops and events for career development
- Regular training days and away days to improve our approach
- Company pension scheme
- Private health care
- Share options
- Bonus scheme
- Performance bonus
- Yearly bonus
- Additional leave
- Company pension
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Private medical insurance
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Woking: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
To apply for this role, please read the job description and outline why you would make an exceptional leader at Custard and your salary expectations. We are unable to respond to applications that do not include a covering letter and CV.
Salary and level will depend on experience and expertise.
To submit your interest, CV and cover letter, please apply here.